Grandads Broccoli Salad
Aaron's grandad loves when I make this broccoli salad. He may be one of our most favorite people and our biggest cheerleader (don't tell Nana) so he can have whatever he wants. We love our grandad and this broccoli salad makes him happy!
- 3 bags cut broccoli I buy these in the salad section at the store
- 1/2 cup red onion I buy this already diced in the produce section
- 1 cup raisins I will sometimes substitute with craisins
- 1/4 cup + 2tbs white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 bag cooked, crumbled bacon Don't buy the can of bacon bits, they are too hard. I use Hormel Real Crumbled Bacon bags.
In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, onions, and raisins. In a smaller bowl, whisk together the white wine vinegar, sugar, and mayonnaise. Pour this mixture over the broccoli mixture and toss until well coated. Refrigerate for 4 hours.
Toss with the crumbled bacon.