Pancake and Bacon Strip Dippers
The kids favorite, Pancake and bacon strip dippers!You can use the pancake recipe below or if you are short on time, buy the Bisquick jugs where you just add water to the jug. I use Bisquick most of the time and add vanilla extract to it!
- 4 strips Thick-Cut Bacon
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 2 tbsp White Sugar
- 2 tps Baking Powder
- 1 Egg beaten
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
To Prepare Bacon
- I use a microwave bacon rack, it only takes 4 minutes to cook and it drains a good bit of the grease so you don’t have to worry about upset tummies.
To Make the Pancakes
- Combine all of the ingredients above. Mix well.
- Heat your griddle to 300 degrees
- Coat your griddle well with cooking spray
- Spoon a thin amount of pancake mix onto the griddle
- Place the cooked bacon in the middle
- Spoon another thin amount of the pancake mix so the bacon is covered.
- Cook until the batter starts to bubble up and then turn over and cook the same amount of time.
You can dip them into syrup, and you can even add fruit to the top of the pancakes and eat with a fork. Such a fun, easy, and super filling breakfast! **In the fall and winter months, I add pumpkin or apple pie spice to the mix.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!