We have made this since we got married. We didn't like the taste of canned alfredo sauce and found the perfect taste here. This recipe is very versatile, you can add more cheese and different types, whatever your family likes. Make it yours. It's so yummy!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 8 oz whipped cream cheese
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 cups milk I've only used whole milk for this recipe
- 6 oz grated parmesan cheese
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- melt butter in a non-stick saucepan over medium heat
- add cream cheese and garlic powder
- Stir with a whisk until all is smooth
- Slowly pour milk in and keep whisking until all lumps are gone
- Stir in parmesan cheese and pepper
- Watch the consistency and when it is just right remove from the heat because the sauce will thicken rapidly. (If the sauce gets too thick then add more milk.)
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!